A Provo de Inglês da ANAC pode ser divertido, mas um mau resultado nunca é engraçado, este divertido vídeo vai ajudá-lo a melhorar não apenas o seu Inglês para aviação, mas o seu Inglês em geral!
Was this video fun or funny? Maybe it was both!
A common mistake for students learning English is the difference between Fun and Funny.
What is the difference between Fun and Funny?
Both (ambos) can be used as adjectives.
Funny = Something that makes you laugh (Engraçado)
Fun = when you enjoy yourself (Diversão)
(*But Fun can also be a noun – see below)
A comedian or a clown (Palhaço) is…. FUNNY
Going to fly an aircraft, or going on holiday is … FUN (you have a good time)
Compare these examples:
- Ricardo is a fun guy. (I have a good time when I am with John)
- Ricardo is a funny guy. (John makes me laugh)
In Negative Sentences Too!
- Having your 6 monthly medical exam is not fun!
- Doing a long boring exam is not fun.
- Nobody laughed because Paul’s joke was not funny.
- An aircraft accident is never funny.
Are these situations or people fun or funny?
1. A party with your friends is…
2. Selton Melo…
3. Playing a game is…
4. Visiting new places is…
5. Somebody flying their first solo is having…
(answers further down)
Fun as a noun
Fun (noun) = enjoyment or pleasure
- I had lots of fun at the hotel last night.
- We hope you have fun at the beach after we land!
Fun (noun) can also be used to describe the good humor and playful behavior of a person.
- She is not boring at all, she is actually full of fun.
1. Fun 2. Funny 3. Fun 4. Fun 5. Funny